Sunday 15 August 2010

Spookwatch

Hi, I'm Chris Morris, and all the rumours you've heard about Chuck Norris are true. Chuck Norris is my stage name.

Oh my frickin word, how many of you reading this have heard about Ghostwatch? I've been looking for this for a couple of years and I finally got to watch it this week and it's terrifying! It was a supposed "live" broadcast on 31st October (That's right, Halloween!) 1992. It was kind of like an episode of Most Haunted, but stuff actually happened. The whole thing was scripted, but a lot of the public thought it was real and there was a panic around the country.

People were so outraged by it that it was banned for ten years and has never been shown on TV again. The cheapest DVD I could find was £25, but I managed to get it off of LoveFilm after a long wait.

So how was it? I nearly had to throw my trousers out.

Now, I thought it was scary watching it 18 years after it was broadcast and knowing that it's fake, I can't imagine what it must have been like for people watching in 1992. I'm glad I didn't watch it then, y'know being only five years old and all...

I watched it with Heather in the flat and then also told Nathan about it when he invited me over to watch Harry Brown, and we watched both films. Now, while two guys sitting with hot chocolate, marshmallows, cream and popcorn watching a couple of films isn't every guys perfect night, I thoroughly enjoy going to Nathan and Joe's, and Nathan and I thoroughly enjoyed Ghostwatch. Seriously, Nathan makes a mean hot chocolate!

Yeah so Nathan loved it as well, and Heather also watched it was Ross, who also loved it. I think I'm going to introduce it to my sister and her boyfriend too.

Woah, eight paragraphs in and all I've talked about is Ghostwatch. All I have left to say is, watch it!

THINGS THAT ARE WRONG WITH THE WORLD #4!!!

Now, this is one that's really close to my heart, because it annoys the crap out of me. I struggled through school with Dyspraxsia, but I can tell you, I know my grammar and punctuation! I myght not B as gud wif my speeling, butt that's a diffefferent sroty.

First things first. I've noticed a lot of people using "would of" or "could of". Folks, this is WRONG! Do NOT use these. It's perfectly acceptable to use "would've" and "could've" (Which sound like the first set of words hence the confusion), and you can even use "would have" and "could have", but I swear, if I see one more "it would of been great if..." I'm going to implode.

You may have also noticed that I just used the word "hence", and not "hence why". This is also a common mistake. "HENCE WHY" DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!!

Definition of "Hence":

"For this reason; therefore: handmade and hence expensive.
b. From this source: They grew up in the Sudan; hence their interest in Nubian art.
2. From this time; from now: A year hence it will be forgotten." - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ - Accessed on 15th August 2010. Oh yeah, Chris Morris just referenced.

The term "hence why" most likely stemmed from idiots who want to make themselves sound clever by using the smallest of big words: Hence. It doesn't make you sound clever if you put a "why" after it though. It really doesn't.

Another one is this:

............................................................................................

Yep, dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot forever after.

Wrong again!

Not matter how long your dots are, unless it's three dots, your wrong. It's called an ellipses, look it up. Yeah, that's right, it's actually a part of the English language.

So there you have it. This edition of Things That Are Wrong With The World COULD HAVE been shorter, but I liked it. I'm using the English language, HENCE the apperance of the English language in this entry.........................................................................................................

So there you have it, things that are wrong with the world #4 - People's Grammer and punctuation.

Oh, oh, and one last one (this one really annoys me). The date today is the 15th of August, not August 15th. We're in the UK, not America.

I'll try and write again soon to keep all you fans happy. No more death threats please.

No comments:

Post a Comment