Wednesday 21 April 2010

Dissertation ... Sigh.



Hi, I'm Chris Morris, and Stanley Kubrick decided to edit me out of the Shining, because he was afraid I would outperform Jack Nicholson.

So today I've been writing my dissertation all day. I've completely finished one of five chapters, and hope to have another one done by tonight (I'm working on all five chapters simultaneously). However, I am working at the Odeon tonight till about 11:30. Drat.

For those of you who don't know I'm in my final year of BA (Hons) Music at Perth College. It's a pretty terrible year. Not much support from the tutors, nobody knows what they're doing, and we're all going to die basically. There is the odd exception, the tutor who is supervising my dissertation is actually a fantastic one. Even the little things like emailing me earlier this week to inform me I still have time for feedback shows she actually cares.

Apart from that though, I have been having an absolutely terrible year. For example, for one of my modules this year I have had absolutely no classes, no tutorials, and no lectures. I'm not 100% sure on what it is that I have to be doing for it, and every time I ask about it I'm told to "refer to the student handbook" which tells me that I'll be getting classes.

Yeah, that's how bad it is.

In other news, Niles has set up his own facebook page. I'm not sure if he's using Heather's laptop or mine, but he's got pictures and everything up there, and most of you reading this will have been invited, so become a fan! Or "like" him now that facebook have decided to change that. I'm sure he'll be posting regular updates of what he's up to.

So a pretty uneventful day, and unfortunately a pretty dull blog entry. Tune in next time though, because I promise there will be fire, explosions and dragons.

Actually that reminds me of something, I had a rather long chat on the phone last night with Mr Nathan Brake, where I asked him about why the Workshop was all boarded up. His response was "Man, when it says on the side of food packets 'Do Not Microwave', believe it!".

I really have to stop believing anything he says.

Okay well I'm off now to serve Odeon guests who no doubt will have the following super-intelligent things to say as always:

"What's the difference between 3D and 2D?"

"Can I have a nachos please?"

"Do you not sell popcorn?"

"Where's cinema 5? Through there?" (Pointing to the stock cupboard)

"Ha ha ha" (While dropping popcorn in front of you and looking you dead in the eye)

"Americano? Don't you just have a black coffee?"

"Do you not have any onions with the hot dogs?"

And of course the all-time classic:

"Do you have the number for Cineworld?"






P.S Just for all you die-hard fans out there, here's a photo of me at work!



You may recognise the image behind me as the millions of balloons that Mr. Fredrickson from the absolutely amazing film Up used to float his house, but as this picture was being taken, my co-workers informed me that it was actually my afro.

Whatever happened to that?


No comments:

Post a Comment